A Letter To My Guy Best Friend

Dear Guy Best Friend,

To be honest, the constant war of my life is that I love you, but I want to kill you. I have come to believe that humans are idiots, especially men. However, you have helped me restore my faith in men and humanity. You have shown me that not all men are the same. It is because of you that I still have some faith that there are a handful of good men out there. You have given me a sneak peek into a man’s mind that has saved me from the bad boys, for which I will be forever grateful.

When I’m with you, you bring out my inner bro, and I totally enjoy it. We can joke about anything under the sky and yet feel comfortable. You don’t expect me to be ladylike around you and I don’t have to say ‘excuse me’ after a burp. 

You show me the reality, no matter how harsh it may be. You are brutally honest and sugar-coating does not exist in your dictionary.  You don’t hold back, even if it may hurt my sentiments, because you know you’re only doing it to help a girl out. From interpreting text messages to handling me when I'm freaking out about things, you have always been there to calm my demons.

What I really love about you is that you always accept me with open arms after a bad day, or even if I’m just excited to see you. With you, I could be goofy, stupid, and dumb, all at once and I know that you won’t judge me, no matter what. I could sing a shady song or make a weird dance move and I you would never judge me for any of it. Although I may not reply to your texts instantly, you always ensure to be there just in time when I need you. You have gone out of your way to help me zillion time and I am honoured to have a best friend like you. From teaching me maths to helping me through a break-up, you’ve been there always.

Thank you for breaking the stereotype that ‘a guy and girl can’t be just friends’. Our friendship is one of my favourites and is one of the most genuine relations of my life. 
Without you, life would be such a quieter, sad place, and I’m beyond thankful. Thank you for putting up with all that I throw at you and never giving up on me.  

I can’t forget the chapter when a lot of them have thought that there is something cooking up between the two of us. And remember how we have always laughed it off? Because we both knew that we share a bond which is greater than any romantic connection.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DOING WHAT YOU LOVE..!! :) :)

RESPOND THOUGHTFULLY!

That's your worth!