Are You Willing To Take The Plunge?

I am standing on the balcony of my house, observing people walk. Some are on their phones, some are walking with their chin up, while some are walking with their SO. They all seem clear of what they want from life or at least from the angle that I am seeing them from, they don’t seem confused. 
And I am standing here, thinking what am I doing in life?! Is this what I want to do?! Do I want to continue with this monotonous job? Am I not meant for something big? As a kid, I always wanted to stand out by doing something unconventional. Cut to present, I am doing something that I am least passionate about only because it helps me pay my rent and EMIs. The big question is till when? Till when will I just sail through?

I read many articles each day on how you must ‘follow your passion’, but none of them is motivating enough. The safety associated with my current job deters me from taking the risk of following my dreams. Fortunately or unfortunately, I am not alone. There are many more sailing with me in the same boat, isn’t it?

I understand that it’s tough to pursue something that you are unsure of. No matter how many complexities confusion creates, it empowers you in more than many ways. It opens doors to many opportunities. It helps you align yourself with your passion. It empowers you to finally ditch the boring ‘corporate’ job and explore uncharted waters. All of it will happen only if you are willing to take the plunge. It doesn’t matter if you are not earning a 6-digit figure, what matters the most is the satisfaction of doing what you love. You will burn your 6-digit income on ways to soothe your satisfaction of doing something you love. At the end of the day, it rounds up to one thing – we, humans, can be happy only if we are satisfied. You could spend the rest of your life doing something that you don’t enjoy and then burn your money to satisfy yourself or just do something that you love and live a content life?


Remember, even when you decide to follow your passion, you will struggle. You will feel unappreciated. You may even be tempted to give up and go back to the job that fetches you more money, but honey, please be gentle and patient. Success does not come overnight. You will be required to push yourself even further. Run the extra mile and you will have all that you want. The probability of living a more satisfied life is higher when you are willing to put in a little more effort than the usual. If you are a fighter, you will get through the initial slump and come out as a successful and happy individual.


Life is all about risks, whether it is about jobs or relations. Choices and risks that you are willing to take shape your life. If you have faith in yourself and you an appetite to take the risk, then you will sooner or later achieve everything you have dreamt of. You could either live with the remorse of not following your passion or dare to dive. What would you do?! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DOING WHAT YOU LOVE..!! :) :)

RESPOND THOUGHTFULLY!

That's your worth!